Gain focused experience as you learn about ministry and discover skills to help you lead people to find and follow Jesus with a short-term, summer internship at Harvester Christian Church in partnership with the Merold Institute of Ministry. This unique program is split into two different opportunities for you to fully experience ministry.
General Ministry Track
We believe there are certain qualities and attributes that are vital to a pastor’s success: service, compassion and teamwork. Activities and responsibilities are designed to enhance and develop these qualities. Examples may include assisting with church-wide functions, hospital calling, assisting with the food pantry, etc.
Concentrated Ministry Track
You will also focus on a concentrated ministry area under a staff member and be exposed to the necessary skills and abilities to administrate that particular ministry. A significant portion of time will be spent in your concentrated area. Summer 2018 areas of concentrated ministry are:
- Adult Ministries | Work in Discipleship, Outreach/Connections, and Care on our St Charles campus
- Next Gen | Work with Student Ministry & Children’s Ministry on our St Charles campus
- Preaching | Work with the teaching team and experience the weekends on both campuses
- Worship/Creative Arts | Work with the worship teams at both campuses
Who should apply?
Internships are for undergraduate students who have completed at least two years of college. Preference will be given to someone considering full time ministry.
- Must sign our philosophy of ministry
- Must be from an evangelical church
- Must pass a background check
- Must be willing to commit to the length of the program
- Must have your own transportation
**Each intern will sign a personalized Learning Covenant. It will include any educational requirements from the intern’s college and all Harvester Christian Church requirements and expectations.
Harvester Christian Church will provide the following for accepted interns:
- A balanced internship that covers general and concentrated ministry
- Interaction with a professional and caring staff
- Weekly contact and personal attention from the intern supervisor and your mentor
- Fulfillment of any educational requirement for your internship
- A host family to stay with during your internship (for single interns only)
- A weekly salary is provided
How to apply?
Complete the online application. The application deadline is February 9. Selection will be finalized by February 23.
Got questions? Contact Don Sanders, Director, The Merold Institute of Ministry. 636.928.7651